Tuesday, February 17, 2009



These are my parents, Charles Alfred White and Hilda Eleanora Stevens White, taken at their home in Clearfield, Ut, approximately 1966. Mom died the following year on December 8, 1967. She suffered from heart problems most of her adult life; after having rheumatic fever as a child. Dr. Russell M. Nelson (now Quorum of the Twelve Apostles) performed heart surgery on her in late October, 1967, but her body was too weak, after so many years of illness, and she didn't survive.

2 comments:

Julie/Mom said...

Hey Mom,

Just had a question for you. For some reason in the far reaches of my mind I thought Grandma had her heart surgery on October 31st (Halloween) because we older kids took the younger ones out and I remember wishing I was home because then I would be there if somebody called with some news. My mind could be remembering it wrong...maybe we were out doing something else with the younger kids that night, but that's what I remember. Much love - Julie
P.S. I like your BLOG!

Andrea said...

That's a nice picture. I've never seen my great grandma and grandpa white-that I can recall. It's so nice to be able to see all these fun pictures!